Thursday, May 10, 2012

Curacao Drag Fest - Day 3


Day three started earlier than usual and meant that we would have one pass in daylight, albeit the afternoon. Knowing that we had a good clutch set up, even though a bit on the soft side for my crew which required some arm twisting on my part to leave untouched, we set off to the staging lane confident in our combination.

And boy, was it a nice run. As I am still in the orientation phase with Pete, I wanted to take things slow and didn't mind running a 1.04+ 60 ft, as long as I got down the track in a comfortable run.

The video below shows the run, which had a 6.807 e.t. at 201.97 mph and a 60 ft of 1.03.



Later that night we ran a 6.79 at 204.03 mp with a 60 ft of 1.02. I ran into some trouble with water temperature rising somewhat and I had to re-stage the car. Eric realized that I was either a bit out of the groove or not pointing straight, so he took the right decision to have me re-stage the car. I guess the public must have wondered what was going on with us, but when I dropped the hammer, and Pete took off down a 6.79 pass, even the commentators pointed out that we had delivered on our promise... consistently six second runs.

All in all, not bad for Pete's debut. A "masha danki" to Jeff Dobbins for a job well done setting up the Cobalt.

Since many of our friends were unaware we would be testing at these races, and so missed watching our runs in person, I have posted the videos we made. Also, I will be posting more in the near future, so check back from time to time if you're interested.

Our next test day will most likely be Sunday, June 2.

Video courtesy of Gerardo "Gege" de Kort.

No comments:

Post a Comment