Monday, January 28, 2013

2012 Year' end racing video

And here it is... mind you that the video is by my own hands and wits.



In testing for the first race of years' end, the Xtreme Christmas Shootout, as I was staging the car, the race director jumped in front of me and gave me the dreaded "kill the engine" sign. As I complied I saw him, in a Michael Jackson dance move, lower his sight to the ground and point his finger to the sky. It had began to rain... A big thanks to the folk at Bernina Modes who courageously adapted the car cover to provide for the huge hood scoop, for it poured for a long time.

In the first of three runs against Frank Brandao's King Kong IV, Pat Musi's lane choice had me driving in the left lane, a lane I had never driven Pete in. Damn! A too low a seating position meant I couldn't see the tree properly. Assisted by Stephen, I slowly crept into the beams. Both. And waited. As I heard him drop the hammer, so did I. Dead late.
Still, very proud of my first ever side-by-side run. As the races ran late into the night, Pat and I decided to leave it at that single race.

Just a short week later, with the correct seating height, I went up against Venezuela's Zapato Grande, who had come to the island determined to win "The Battle of the Best".
Pete was heavily underpowered as the Venezolean had brought 822 c.i. along with no less than three stages of NOS to settle matters once and for all with the American Musi. My game plan revolved on a hole shot and the chance that he might cook the tires trying to catch up. Unfortunately, as I crept forward in an attempt to stage, I saw the break pressure drop. Need I say anymore... In spite of this I left ahead of him, only to lose traction due to the oil I had just dropped at the starting line. Again, happy to race a mountain motor pro stocker, even if I ended up being on the losing side!

Thanks for reading and see you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment