Saturday, April 20, 2013

April Testing - I

I can honestly say I am quite happy with how our first day of testing went. Thanks to my crew of Eric, Stephen and Priscilla for making this happen. And of course, Frank Brandao for providing us with the opportunity to test with them.

One can imagine that both driver and crew were a bit rusty after a break of more than four months with many jokes going back and forth. That was until we made the first pass.

For this run, I just wanted to check and find out how sharp my instincts were after such a long layoff. The car hooked pretty good through second gear when I clicked it early. Too bad we didn't have a time to the 60 feet mark for it felt pretty good.

For the second and last pass of the night, we upped it a little bit and it held good. Pete left the starting line hard but straight and felt good going through the gears and lifted a tad too early, which showed in the mph ran. Usually Pete runs in the 205+ range, but now it only made it to 195 mph. Still a decent pass. As I came back on the left lane to the starting line, I could see the time of 6.77 which put a big smile on my face. I had lowered my time in only my second pass. Life is good!

Thanks for reading and see you at the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment