Monday, November 26, 2012

Last test before Extreme Xmas Shoot Out

It had been a long while since we tested and, unfortunately, it showed.

Last Saturday afternoon, after a long wait for the track to open, we made our first run on a pretty decent track. Kudos to the track officials.

The launch of the first pass was ok, I think it was a slow 1.03 - 60ft, but when I hit third gear a pretty hard tire shake moved me towards the centerline. I hoped to back pedal it and slightly nudge it back into the groove but Pete kept moving to the left. Even though I lifted quite early, the momentum still carried me enough to hit a cone. Note to self: lift even sooner!

The second pass, didn't fare any better.

I'd like to formally welcome a new team member, Ms Priscilla Lotman. She has shown a great deal of enthusiasm and I am sure she will slide right in with Eric and Stephen.
On the picture she can be seen helping me place the rear Pro Jacks underneath the Cobalt.

See you this Friday at the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment