Friday, December 7, 2012

Extreme Shoot Out race

Right.... race day had arrived. A week ago that is, the 2002 Extreme Christmas Shoot Out. Great fun, great drivers, great extreme import cars and an even greater announcer. I hope that this event will return for 2003.

While servicing the clutch for our first side-by-side qualifying pass, we discovered a problem that would limit us to that one run only. One of the air fittings that activates shifting on the Lenco was leaking. Unfortunately, we did not have a replacement fitting to run the elimination round.

Pat Musi vs Danny de Kort
All in all, a good experience. At the line I had strapped myself in too tight, for me to move around in the seat to see the christmas tree. After a lot of coaxing I staged the car but still could not see the amber light....so, when he left, so did I. Of course, dead late, but it was a start.... and before the finish line I decided it was enough... I was quite close to the retaining wall. Ran a 6.88 et. Happy with my first ever side-by-side pass. Something to build on.

Thanks to Pat Musi for waiting for me at the line.

See you at the races.

Photo credit: Exotic Boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment